Thursday, December 06, 2007

"....and you smell like one, tooooooo!"

For anyone who was ever a child, you may recognize the title of this post as the last line of the Happy Birthday song, as sung by 7-year-olds. Yes, I've come out of hibernation, just in time for my birthday! Pretty cheesy of me, I realise, but I've been known to cheese.

On this morning of my 39th year (2 years to the big 4-0, woo-hoo!), I was a bit disheartened to find this headline at the top of Google news: "Romney's defining moment: How faith informs him". God help us...

This year, I am thankful for many things... among them: my health, my strengthened relationship with my husband, my parents and friends, my job (financial stability is very cool!), my hope for the future and appreciation for the present. This year is all about letting go of resentment and frustration (as much as possible, anyway), and embracing curiosity and wonder. Helping where I can and accepting help when I need to. Forgiving those who have let me down (including myself). Boldly going where no woman has gone before, etc.

It is beautiful here today -- a fresh layer of snow, bright sunshine. I'm going out for the evening with friends to enjoy beer and curry. I miss Lydia like the dickens, but that will always be the case and I accept that (sort of). I will love and laugh despite that persistent sorrow of the soul. Happy birthday to me!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 7:03 AM

7 Comments:

Happy Birthday! Beer and curry mmmmmmmmm....... Back in the day we called it 6 Pints and a curry. Hell of a challenge really.

Tomorrow you'll 'smell like one too'!!
Blogger Jillian, at 12/06/2007 4:37 PM  
Happy Birthday!
Blogger niobe, at 12/06/2007 6:21 PM  
Happy birthday, enjoy the curry and beer!
You sound great, by the way.
Blogger Lut C., at 12/07/2007 7:35 AM  
Happy Birthday!!! I hope this year finds all the happiness you deserve, and much success with your positive outlook.
PS - glad you don't look like a monkey.
Blogger Julie, at 12/07/2007 8:40 AM  
Happy Birthday to you! Good going on the positive thinking!{hugs}
Blogger zarqa, at 12/07/2007 10:49 PM  
Happy belated Birthday!!! Welcome out of hibernation. You sound good my friend!
Blogger stat763, at 12/13/2007 4:54 PM  
Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you and hubby are doing well. Hope to see you posting more. Thanks for the comments on my blog!
Blogger Heather, at 1/30/2008 8:07 AM  

Add a comment