Friday, May 18, 2007

Holy mother of god

A test has been taken. It is not completely negative.

Why would a menopausal woman who hasn't had a period in almost 18 months take a pregnancy test? Put it down to a sudden rise of symptoms that I couldn't quite attribute to "the change". I laughed to myself as I forked over the money for the test, but I just wanted to see the negative for myself. Plus, testing no longer has any real emotional value for me, so I was pretty sure that a BFN would not send me into uncontrolled fits of weeping.

Anyway, there is a line. It is faint, but it came up right away, and a line is a line, right? Aw hell, who knows anymore. Maybe I'm having a menopausal hormone flux that's causing the line. I will test again tomorrow AM with fresh morning pee. I just wanted to share my temporary state of shock...
:: posted by Ann Howell, 3:35 PM

8 Comments:

WHAT?!?!?! YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING!!!! OH.MY.GOSH!!!!
Blogger Catherine, at 5/18/2007 4:16 PM  
I am trying not to freak out right now, but I'm not quite succeeding... :)
Blogger Ann Howell, at 5/18/2007 4:23 PM  
WHAT??????????????????????????

If you don't update asap tomorrow morn, I will lose my mind.

A line is a line, all right!!!!

Hooray!!
Blogger delphi, at 5/18/2007 6:51 PM  
"It" happens when you least expect "it" :)) Good luck!
Blogger Doughnut, at 5/18/2007 7:06 PM  
Could it be???? Oh, I hope so!!
i'm stunned and wanting this so badly for you!
Blogger Jillian, at 5/18/2007 7:13 PM  
whoa whoa whoa... that is insanely awesome.... keep us updated........
Blogger onegreyhorse, at 5/18/2007 9:48 PM  
Isn't that the way it always works? All the fruitless (literally) striving, then you just go "ah, phooey," get on with life, and ka-boom!
Blogger Larry Kollar, at 5/18/2007 10:58 PM  
I'm flabbergasted!
Blogger Lut C., at 5/19/2007 4:30 AM  

Add a comment