Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do the "Me Me Me Meme"

For the first time ever (and possibly the last!) I've decided to take the bull by the horns and start my very own meme. What fun! I had an idea for this meme when I woke up this morning, and given Catherine's post today about low self-esteem regarding appearance, it looks like it's coming not a moment too soon. (Plus, Jill pointed out that things have been rather quiet in blogland lately, so maybe we need something to perk us up!) So here it is:

List 10 positive things about yourself, including at least:
2 things about your relationships/interactions with other people (can be anyone -- friends, family, strangers (being kind to strangers is something to be proud of, after all), pets, yourself)
2 positive things about your appearance
2 positive things about your professional/creative abilities
1 positive personality trait; something that you would never willingly change about yourself

That gives you 3 "wild cards" to spread around the above categories (or things outside of these categories)

Rules:
NO NEGATIVITY!
No qualifying your statements, e.g. "I remember most of my friends' birthdays, though I should make more of an effort to celebrate with them."
No item is too small to mention. "I have a very nice pinky nail" is a perfectly valid type of statement.

Remember: "Positive" is in the eye of the beholder. Try not to feel constrained by what other people might think.

This is not meant to be a smarmy cheerleader exercise, I just thought that we could all use some positive energy right about now...

(And I apologize that I don't have time to complete the meme for myself right now, but I promise that I will do it ASAP!)
:: posted by Ann Howell, 2:38 PM

3 Comments:

No negativity???? Not even a little? I'd be at a complete loss for words.
Blogger niobe, at 3/15/2007 5:55 PM  
Well, I have been lurking for awhile now. And while I do not pretend to know what you have gone through, at the same time, I think (delurking for now) that if I knew you, we could figure this out. I don't need to have a child die to know that you think every moment could have something horrible happen. That I get. You taught me so much about life and death. How does anyone take life for granted. I just wish so much for you and this possible life. And when I say possible, it's because I, like you, cannot just be too sure.
Blogger afb, at 3/17/2007 1:16 AM  
I'll do your meme if you do it!!! And, in fact, i do have rather nice toes. Hee hee hee
Blogger kate, at 3/19/2007 11:31 AM  

Add a comment