Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sweet dreams

Despite being on Day 3 of a nasty headcold, I really must get into the office today. But before I shove off, I just wanted to record a dream I had last night before I forget it. I dreamt that I was on the space shuttle with several other bloggers, including Lorem, Sarah, Catherine and Laura. But it wasn't a happy space journey -- we were reentering the earth's atmosphere and it was obvious something was going wrong. We were going much too fast and we were about to burn up. As abject fear gripped us, we all started hugging and crying -- it was awful! I was about to say that it was odd that none of my real-life inner circle were there, but perhaps the dream was a metaphor for all of the horrible, scary things that all of us in blogland have had to endure and how we've all done our best to support each other, despite the futility of it all. Or maybe all the phlegm in my sinus cavity is wreaking havoc with my nocturnal movies.

Anyway, off to work to try to salvage a few billable hours this week. I've printed up a little sign saying "Danger: Germ Zone" with an adorable picture of a green slimy germy thing. Office humor, ya gotta love it...
:: posted by Ann Howell, 9:15 AM

6 Comments:

I would gladly burn to a crisp if it would help any of you lovely ladies.
Blogger Catherine, at 6/01/2006 10:58 AM  
What a graphic dream. A bit scary, really. A gloomy metaphor for the IF world, but not unappropriate. Sadly.

Get well soon.
Blogger Lut C., at 6/01/2006 6:04 PM  
I'm both terrified and honored by the company on our journey through the fire. And glad it was just a dream.

Dream about heaven next. :-)
Blogger lorem ipsum, at 6/01/2006 7:28 PM  
i'd like off that flight. hell, i'd like all of us to get off that flight.
Blogger laura, at 6/01/2006 10:52 PM  
Hope you feel better soon. By the way, re your previous post, I think you should move to London! (of course, I'm a bit biased seeing as I live here). But seriously, I know the expression "wherever you go, there you are", so you can't "run" from yourself, but moving to London is been something you've been thinking of doing for a long time now. I think as long as you do it for YOU and not you and your husband. Would you be OK here without him if things didn't work out with you guys? You said you have friends here already so that does make a big difference. I think maybe a fresh start may be just what you need at this point in your life. Just my two cents and I hope I'm not talking out my ass. Big (((hugs)))
Blogger Anam Cara, at 6/02/2006 3:06 AM  
:) I can imagine that feeling from what you wrote (or made up my own feeling).

Sometimes i think we are all really just clinging on to each other. Or maybe i'm just clinging on to all of you... but sounds like you know what i mean.

Hope the cold is better today. Yuck... summer colds suck.
Blogger SWH, at 6/02/2006 8:44 AM  

Add a comment