Friday, May 19, 2006

There's no place like home

I've decided to go down and spend the weekend at my parents'. I need some space to think and this house is way too claustrophobic at the moment for major contemplation. This makes things a bit difficult for my husband since I'm taking the car, but there's a bus within easy walking distance which takes him right to his office, so he's not exactly stranded. Never mind that when I suggested the bus option, he reacted like I just asked him to perform his morning toilet in the middle of the street. It was all right for me when I had a contract downtown for a few weeks in December and bus fare seemed like a more reasonable option then paying extortionate parking fees. Ah, the fond memories of waiting for the bus in minus 20 degree weather, cars splashing up dirty slush onto my ankles. But for Lord Man it's completely out of the question.

Anyway, hope everyone has a super weekend. They say that the rain in finally going to let up on Sunday, which would be fantastic. For the past couple of weeks I've felt like we were in that Ray Bradbury story about life on Venus (or was it Mars) where it rains all the time except for one hour every seven years. Now that I think of it, that pretty much sums up the past couple of years of my life...
:: posted by Ann Howell, 9:02 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment