Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Quick post about nothing

This has to be quick, because I've got to get ready to go a client's, but I can't let so many days go by without posting! What's on my mind today is the mixed feelings I have about trying to find a new home for Nelson, the spastic dog. He just needs way more attention and space (we have a pretty small, non-fenced yard) than we can offer and I feel terrible about the amount of time he's been spending in his crate these days. It was a lousy time for us to get a dog and if I'd had any idea of the amount of emotional turmoil that had been about to hit the fan, I never would have taken him in. That being said, I have grown attached to the big guy and it will be sad to see him go.

Other than that, it's been a beautiful week weather-wise, but I've been so busy with work that I've spent zero time out in the garden. Maybe this afternoon when I get back from the office. If I think of it like a treat rather than a chore (right now the big job is clearing out the beds, which are full of winter debris), then maybe I'll be more enthusiastic about it.

And on that note, I've got to get ready. It's 8:30 already, where did the morning go???!!!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 8:32 AM

3 Comments:

My advice, for what it's worth...Find a home-based foster rescue, rather than a shelter. They will place him in a home pending an adoption to a new home. I'm not familiar with any in your area, but I'll ask on my rescue site if anyone knows a good one.
Blogger Catherine, at 4/12/2006 11:19 AM  
Saying goodbye to a pet is sad. I hope you find a good place for him.
Blogger Lut C., at 4/12/2006 5:08 PM  
Maybe you can arrange visitation rights with Nelson.
Blogger grumpyABDadjunct, at 4/13/2006 11:21 AM  

Add a comment