Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Saturday Post

I just saw that this is my 59th post... pathetic! Lorem celebrated her first blogging anniversary recently and she had over *300* posts. What have I been doing with my time? It's not like instead of blogging I was busy drafting a Middle East peace agreement or studying for my medical board exams. I've been frittering away my time, that's what I've been doing. Writing posts in my head and never bothering to publish them. It's shameful, really. Okay, from now on I am going to try to write something every day, even if it's just "I'm too exhausted/hungover/emotionally drained to write today. Tune in tomorrow..."

Well, the well wishes for my interview must have had an effect, because it went rather well (three wells in one sentence -- that's quite an achievement!). They're sending me over to the client for an interview next week. It's a regular corporate job, 40 hrs/wk, 3 weeks vacation (that is going to be tough), but it sounds like a good team and the job seems varied and interesting. Maybe going in to an office every day will help my mental state. At any rate, the regular paycheck certainly won't go amiss.

Just heard an exasperating program on the BBC (Radio 4) about a woman who's trying to get access to her frozen embryoes, despite her ex denying permission (story here). They took listeners' reactions on air, and there were a couple of -- I want to say "idiots", but let's just say less enlightened folks -- who were completely against assisted reproduction, in any shape or form. According to them, children are a blessing from God, and if God deems you unfit to conceive (or carry to term), then that's just the way it is. The logic here is just so full of holes, it's pointless even to mention them, but it still gets my goat. I found myself turning the volume off as soon as I heard a warbly elderly voice start railing off on "women who want it all". I don't want it all, I just want a baby. Anyway...

Well, I've been up for 3 hours and all I've accomplished is making coffee and ironing a few shirts. I've got an exciting day ahead of me, full of chores, errands and boring web work... I guess it's no wonder that I'm putting it all off. At least I managed to post today. By my calculations, I'll need to post 6 times a day until June in order to catch up to Lorem. I'm tired just thinking about it!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 8:49 AM

2 Comments:

Please, think of your readers, the thought of 6 posts a day makes me tired. ;-)
It isn't quantity but quality that counts. Now where have I heard that before?
Blogger Lut C., at 3/11/2006 3:31 PM  
I agree... six a day... i could not keep up.

But i would like to add that your post a day plan is a few days late already. :)

Joking! Of course. Of course. Of course.
Blogger SWH, at 3/14/2006 10:27 AM  

Add a comment