Sunday, February 26, 2006

Feeling not so mah-valous

Why has it been over 2 weeks since my last post? I've been wallowing, in a funk, overwhelmed by malaise and ennui. I keep starting posts in my head, but in the end I can't find anything interesting to say. I feel stalled and it's taking all of my energy just to get through the basic drudgeries of life. I've tried exercising (albeit somewhat half-heartedly), pouring myself into work (ditto), and on a couple of occasions bingeing on wine and chocolate. But besides hangovers and stomach aches, there hasn't been much of a result.

So, I don't know what else to say at the moment. I'm hoping this is a temporary state, because all of this moping and sighing is *very* tiring.


One small thing to be happy about today: I have found the almost perfect shade of hair color. I have been coloring my dark blonde hair since I was in high school (it was the one beauty treatment that my mother approved of, mostly because she started covering her grey when she was in her 30s, so it was a process she couldn't help but condone), but until recently I've always tended to go too light. I stopped coloring it when I was pregnant, and since it was a while before I was up to any kind of self-beautification, my hair finally grew all the way out and I got to see how dark my natural color really was. Since then, I've been trying different shades, trying to strike a balance between mousy and tarty and I think I've found it. Woo-bloody-hoo.

Well, I've got a busy evening ahead of me, lots of moaning, complaining and feeling sorry for myself to do. At least my hair will look fabulous while I do it...

P.S. Thanks to Anam and Msfitz for checking up on me! It's nice to know we're all looking out for each other here in blogland. It really means a lot to me, especially during these difficult times.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 3:59 PM

6 Comments:

I love that you use the words malaise and ennui. That's got to count for something, right?
Blogger lorem ipsum, at 2/26/2006 9:33 PM  
Glad you're still out there... I wish you were busy doing great things instead of existing in a blah state. the blow you were dealt is something very horrible... so it seems like you are doing pretty ok (or what would be expected) given the events.

and yes, i agree, good word choices.

:)
Blogger SWH, at 2/27/2006 8:46 AM  
The hair color is fantastic! I soooo wish I could be that color, but my natural color is much too dark. But I bet you look gorgeous! By the way, there is nothing wrong with moaning,complaining and feeling sorry for yourself sometimes. You've been dealing with some really serious shitty stuff so I think you are entitled. (((hugs)))
Blogger Anam Cara, at 2/27/2006 11:04 AM  
Mrs. Fetched had her hair highlighted Friday. Her hairdresser friend pulled too much hair through the cap (they were probably gabbing at the time) and it turned into more of a dye job than a highlight.

I like it, even if I & others mistake her for her sister now.
Blogger Larry Kollar, at 2/27/2006 11:21 AM  
good hair color is a miracle. it can change the world, really. if everyone had access to the perfect hair color they wanted, there would be no war. congratulations on finding yours.
Blogger laura, at 2/27/2006 12:58 PM  
Sometimes things like finding the right hair colour or the perfect ball of yarn are enough to keep me going - enough to pull me into the next day with my sanity in tact. More or less.

Never underestimate the power of excellent hair colour.

I'm so glad you found it and I'm very glad you're back.

(((((HUGS)))))
Blogger msfitzita, at 2/28/2006 11:53 PM  

Add a comment