Thursday, December 08, 2005

Imagine...

I can't believe John Lennon's been gone for 25 years today. I remember the day it happened, going into music class and being greeted by a very somber and red-eyed teacher who told us the news. She then put on a Beatles' album (sadly, I can't remember which one) and we all just sat there in silence listening to his music for the duration of the class. He wasn't a saint, but he made some pretty excellent music and I still miss his presence in the world.

On a happier note, I'm just thrilled for Laura and Justin and their fabulous news... May they have a happy and uneventful nine months!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 10:06 AM

2 Comments:

aw...thanks!
Blogger laura, at 12/08/2005 6:58 PM  
Also remember the day he was killed the teacher cried and told us we had lost a great man.

He lives on in every song he left us.
Blogger cat, at 12/09/2005 1:31 PM  

Add a comment