Thursday, December 01, 2005

Coming up for air

Well, the past couple of weeks have been pretty much hell in a rusty bucket, but we're in a holding pattern now so I'm able to breathe for a bit. I'm not going to go into the details of what's been going on, but it all had to do with secrecy, lies and deception, all of which make trusting my husband very difficult at this point. I love him dearly and I will stand by him as he tries to work through everything, but I have to face up to the fact we may not be together at the end of it.

Thankfully, I've had a cool contract that has been keeping me relatively distracted lately. I'm working at the UN Climate Control conference as a presentation editor for the webcast team. Yesterday I got to sit in on a big session run by the U.S., and it was entertaining watching them get slammed in the Q&A. Dodge and parry seemed to be the tactic of the day.

Anyway, given my crazy schedule (12 hour work days until the end of next week), I still probably won't be posting much until the conference is over. But I'm surviving the situation at home, so far, so the self-imposed hibernation won't last much longer. Now, I'm going to go check out the rest of blog-land and see what everyone else has been up to. I feel so out of touch!

And thanks to everyone for your comments to my previous posts. The kind messages of support have meant a lot to me.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 8:17 AM

4 Comments:

Your job sounds so interesting!

I hope you're doing well personally and that you know I'm pulling for you and wishing you all the best (whatever that might be).
Blogger Catherine, at 12/02/2005 6:24 PM  
So glad you posted, I was starting to worry about you!

Have fun at the conference. A bunch of my students are there protesting, one is taking video footage for his final project for my class.
Blogger grumpyABDadjunct, at 12/03/2005 12:29 PM  
if you can't be happy right now, at least you can help stick it to the man (in the form of our atrocious government)!
Blogger laura, at 12/04/2005 9:34 AM  
Glad to hear from you. Hang in there! Whatever crap there is can't be crappy forever.:)
Blogger zarqa, at 12/05/2005 4:05 PM  

Add a comment