Thursday, November 03, 2005

New member of the family

I had a 3-pronged post brewing in my head, including one rather lengthy segment on the decline of feminism in this post-modern world, but I am just too excited about another development that has come up today. Someone I used to work with needs to find a home for this guy and I really want to take him! The fly in the ointment is that we have never seriously talked about getting a dog and K. is not the most animal-friendly kind of guy. He does like my parents' dogs to a certain extent, but maybe that's just because they don't come home with us. The people who have him now are moving over the weekend and they are planning to take him to the pound if no one can take him (this is not their dog, they just had him dumped on them under somewhat dubious circumstances). I told them that we would stop by tonight to look at him, but I'm not even sure that I'll be able to get Keith to come along. I need to mother something and my cats are much too independent -- this puppy would be perfect! Of course, the reason why he's been passed around so much in his short 3 months of life may be that he's a yappy nut-job. But it can't hurt to take a look, right? :)
:: posted by Ann Howell, 2:33 PM

4 Comments:

Hint: All puppies at 3 months old are nutjobs.

Steve wasn't all that animal friendly when I met him. Work your charms woman...convert him! :o)
Blogger Catherine, at 11/03/2005 2:50 PM  
every pot has a lid - maybe this dog is meant to be yours.
Blogger laura, at 11/03/2005 11:47 PM  
I agree... It may not being a super easy puppy, but most aren't so go with your gut! :)

Can't wait to hear about your decision.
Blogger SWH, at 11/04/2005 7:50 AM  
be... not being
Blogger SWH, at 11/04/2005 7:51 AM  

Add a comment