Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Shameless call for positive vibes

Googling my old boyfriend (OB) the other day and finding out that he is up to amazing things has had an oddly profound effect on me. I've felt rather lost since losing the baby, like I am no longer sure what I'm here for. (To be perfectly honest the feeling probably goes back even further than that, but I guess the baby gave me some sense of purpose.) Lately is has seemed more and more clear that I have to start leaving some footprints.

The reason that the news about OB is important, is that he is a person who came from the same place that I did, with similar influences and values; if anything, he had fewer opportunities that I had. He wasn't any more intelligent or gifted (not that I would have known -- we were more interested in kissing than having philosophical discussions at that age), but obviously somewhere along the way he developed a passion for something that helped to drive him. It is about bloody time that I found my own passion...

---------

Okay, I don't have time to finish this post right now (major deadline), but I just wanted to put a call out for some supportive thoughts tomorrow. I have an interview for an editing project that would be very cool to get. It has moral value, as well as professional, but I don't want to jinx it by saying more about it. So, if you're reading this and you think of it tomorrow, throw some positive vibes toward Montreal. Who knows, maybe the power of this blog can be used for something good, for a change…(as opposed to just a forum for my self-obsessed ramblings) :)
:: posted by Ann Howell, 8:59 PM

8 Comments:

Good thoughts headed your way.
Blogger Catherine, at 10/12/2005 9:38 PM  
Sending all I have, northward.
Blogger Julie, at 10/13/2005 6:50 AM  
Sending loads and loads of positive vibes your way! By the way, I struggle with that whole "finding my passion" thing too. So much of what you write about feels like it is coming straight from my head!
Blogger Anam Cara, at 10/13/2005 7:25 AM  
I can also relate to worry over what my purpose really is and how to finding something I'm passionate about...

Best of luck today (since its thursday now!) at the interview!!! Let us know how it goes.

:)
Blogger SWH, at 10/13/2005 7:58 AM  
Many many good vibes to you. I have similar feelings about needing to find what I'm here for. I hope we both find it soon...
Blogger Muddystingbee, at 10/13/2005 9:38 AM  
Again, I can totally relate. Positive vibes sent!
Blogger zarqa, at 10/13/2005 9:05 PM  
Here's hoping things work out for you!

I know that feeling, that “what the hey have I been doing with my life anyway?” feeling. It’s so easy to get caught up in the moment that you completely forget about all the meaningful things you want to do when you get a chance.

Hm. I need to think about it some more and maybe use my own blogspace for it...
Blogger Larry Kollar, at 10/14/2005 3:20 PM  
New to your blog and sending positive vibes your way. Found you from HOM as we wait for her update from this afternoon. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
Blogger Heather, at 10/14/2005 7:22 PM  

Add a comment