Monday, October 17, 2005

Dragging my ass

I don't know if it's the gloomy weather or the fact that I haven't exercised in weeks (!), but I have absolutely no energy today. I promise I'll get up first thing tomorrow morning, get into my workout gear, and crunch, lunge and sweat myself back into a better state of health, but right now I need an artificial second wind. Hello coffee my old friend...

Anyway, I did get that editing contract, so thanks for all of the positive vibes! It's just a 3-week gig, but it's for the Kyoto Protcols Conference, so it should be interesting. Plus, it'll give me a nice little economic boost just before Christmas. We never splash out on big gifts for Christmas, but all the little things have a way of adding up. Plus, I'd like to get some new decorations. Last year for the first time ever I did not put up a tree; I was just too sad, thinking about everything we were missing. But this year I'm ready to celebrate again. I really feel happier and more at peace than I have in a long while. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I'm enjoying the process, which is a big improvement.

Meanwhile, I think I need some chocolate with that coffee. Self-control? Delayed gratification? Not in my vocabulary today!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 6:09 PM

3 Comments:

Congratulations on the job!

mmmmm...chocolate...
Blogger Catherine, at 10/17/2005 9:55 PM  
Congratulations on the editing gig! That's excellent news! I think chocolate and coffee was the perfect way to celebrate. Good on you!
Blogger msfitzita, at 10/17/2005 11:26 PM  
Congratulations on the editing contract, and at feeling peaceful. That can be an elusive emotion and embracing it when it appears is always a good thing.
Blogger Lisa P., at 10/21/2005 11:42 AM  

Add a comment