Monday, August 29, 2005

My body is revolting

Well, it seems as I am having a really wacky cycle after all, as the spotting turning into bleeding yesterday and this morning it was clear that it was a full-blown AF. Which means I had a 17-day cycle; a record even for me. Just to be utterly pedantic, my last 7 cycles have been 32, 29, 23, 46, 33, 27, and now 17 days, respectively. What is wrong with me? I just hope the doctor has some answers for me this afternoon, though I imagine he'll have to send me for blood tests or take biopsies or drain my humors or something before being able to make a diagnosis. I'm just so flaming frustrated! *Whine alert* Why is this so easy for other people and so hard for me? I just want to have a baby. 16 year-olds are able to pull this off without even trying. I'm adult with a house in the suburbs and a husband and a career... I'm ready, for pity's sake!

I'm going to go work out and try to vent some of this frustration. I can feel a good kick-boxing segment coming on... I'll just imagine kicking my ovaries into shape.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 9:08 AM

5 Comments:

for what it's worth, i always had regular cycles, before i got pregnant with my first son, and after i lost him, my cycles were as erratic as you describe. in fact, when i discovered i was pregnant again, i thought i was having the longest cycle ever. i know it's so frustrating. it would seem like after a loss you would be owed something on which you could depend!
Blogger laura, at 8/29/2005 3:29 PM  
I know, it's just one more thing to worry about. Luckily the doctor thinks a few rounds of Clomid will do the trick to get things back on track. I'm not crazy about taking meds, but if it will help me recover and get pg, what the heck!
Blogger Ann Howell, at 8/29/2005 9:23 PM  
Mine were weird too...but more on the short side than the long side. I hope the Clomid will help. (It should!)
Blogger Roxanne, at 8/30/2005 12:35 PM  
Erratic cycles suck. You just never know what it is you're doing wrong, if anything. Hope the workout and the clomid helps.
Blogger zarqa, at 8/30/2005 7:17 PM  
"Drain the humors" - how antiquated! I think a good leeching would be helpful, however.
Sorry, your cycles sound about as messed up (length-wise, anyway)as mine. Hope your doctor can fix you up!
Blogger Julie, at 8/30/2005 11:30 PM  

Add a comment