Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle

I'm such a bad blogger! I don't know what happened last week -- I mean I thought a lot about what I was going to write about next and I've been keeping up with reading my favorite blogs, but something has kept me from actually sitting down and writing the next entry. Anyway, I won't make any rigid promises (that I'd more than likely break), but I will try to write something at least a few times a week.

I don't actually have a lot of time right now (I'm in the middle of a really dull web project), but here are a few blurts from the last few days:

I had a dream about being pregnant again. It was the day of my induction and I could feel the baby kicking (I kept checking for it and it was such a nice feeling). I was surrounded by people whose faces I didn't know, but who somehow I knew were friends. When I woke up (before the birth, unfortunately -- I was looking forward to meeting my dream baby!) I realized that the strangers were actually my online support buddies. Women I've been "talking" to almost daily for the better part of a year, but have never met. In a funny sort of way, it'll feel like they're with me if and when I do ever have another baby.

___

I'm thinking of doing a home spa this weekend. Many years ago I came across this program for a 4-day home spa in a magazine and although I've never done the whole thing, I've kept the tattered pages and used elements from it to do a mini-spa from time to time. What's great is that it plans out the whole day and I *love* planning (even though I never, ever actually go through with the whole thing). So, I may actually tweak it some more this time and record what I plan to do (and post-hoc what I actually got around to doing). It's fun and relaxing and a spiritual boost, if I can get into the right frame of mind.

Alright, I've got to get back to work now, but I will come back very soon and write a proper post. There have been many other thoughts swirling around my head lately that I'd really like to get down.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 4:00 PM

2 Comments:

You simply must share the home spa plan! It sounds absolutely delicious.
Blogger Catherine, at 8/03/2005 7:34 PM  
Don't feel bad about planning posts and not getting around to them. Heck, I have a gazillion 'drafts' waiting to see the light of day, but I don't like them enough to post. LOL
And, yes, share the spa plans, I need it!
Blogger Julie, at 8/04/2005 1:04 AM  

Add a comment