Saturday, August 27, 2005

Even my subconscious is against me

Reading Julie's latest post reminded me of a dream I had last night. I dreamt that I was about 5 months pregnant and I started going into labor. I knew that it was too early for the baby to survive, but the labor couldn't be stopped. I gave birth painlessly and the baby died almost instantly. Honestly, I don't know what I would do if something like that were to happen again. Could I find the strength to go on and try again? Mind you, if you had asked me a couple of years ago if I could bear delivering a dead but fully-formed baby and still find the resilience to try to have another child, I might have scoffed as well.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 11:55 AM

1 Comments:

Those dreams are unsettling. Like you told me, it's just a way for your mind to stay occupied while you snooze. Hope you get a better rest tonight.
Blogger Julie, at 8/28/2005 4:59 PM  

Add a comment