Saturday, August 27, 2005

Breaking news from the fertility front

Well not really, but I do feel like a news correspondent the way I've been recording, researching and (over)analyzing my fertility signs over the past few days. I haven't been totally obsessive about it, but each new piece of data I record into FF has me rushing to the chart gallery to make sure that I'm normal and still have a possibility of getting pregnant this month. The latest exciting development has been mid-cycle spotting. Now what is that about?! I've never experienced this before in my life (that I can remember, anyway), so it has me wondering -- I mean it's way too early for implantation spotting (isn't it?), so I figure it's one of three things: 1. Ovulation spotting -- which could make sense, but again this is not a usual occurence for me, so why now all of a sudden? 2. I'm having a really wacky cycle and AF is about to arrive almost 2 weeks early, or 3. I've got some horrible disease that will not only render me permanently infertile, but will make my husband a widower at a very young age. Who me, overreact? I'm hoping that it's down to the first case, in fact that would be a handy ovulation detector if it were to become a pattern, but the others can't be ruled out. Luckily I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday, so maybe he will be able to shed some light. Until then I will be obsessively trying not to obsess...

Besides that, it's a beautiful day, but I'm stuck inside working on a contract (since I bunked off yesterday to play golf). I could take the laptop out onto the "patio" (read: the cracked, heaving, weed-filled square of macadam behind the house), but I can see myself out there looking over my screen at the lawn that needs to be mowed and the flower beds that need weeding and the bushes that need trimming... and then the temptation to bring out a glass of sangria, stretch out on the lounge chair and ignore all of that would be way too strong and I'd never get any work done. So, it's back to the grindstone!
:: posted by Ann Howell, 11:37 AM

2 Comments:

Boy, can I relate to this. I sometimes wonder if things like FF and all the extra information do more harm than good.

Thanks for commenting in my journal.
Blogger Muddystingbee, at 8/27/2005 3:56 PM  
Somebody once referred to Dr. Google turning us into cyberchondriacs. I am one, myself. I hope you find an acceptable reason to your mid-cycle spotting. Why can't anything get back to 'normal'??
Blogger Julie, at 8/28/2005 4:56 PM  

Add a comment