Saturday, July 16, 2005

Need a kick in the pants

I'm not that depressed about the arrival of AF yesterday morning (with a vengance, I might add). Really, I'm not. At least it's a sign that everything is in working order (if I'm getting a period, I must have ovulated, right?). But I am depressed with just about everything else in my life. My freelance work has all but dried up recently, and I have no enthusiasm to go out and pitch my "corporate communications" services, even though I really need to contribute some income. As well, there's so much that needs to be done around the house, but most of the important projects are not financially feasible right now, and I can't seem to work up the energy to get started on all the little projects (mostly reorganizing the various rooms in the house that have turned into large storage lockers for all of life's ephemera that don't have a proper place). Part of it is a whiny, "it's not fair" kind of feeling -- I should be looking after a 10 month old baby right now. I should be joyfully worn out from constant feedings and sleepless nights, not from a general malaise/ennui/case of the "blahs". But "should, should, should" isn't very helpful. Anyway, today's mission is to do *something*. Getting out of the house would be a good start...
:: posted by Ann Howell, 9:38 AM

1 Comments:

Oh, how I can identify with your situation. I feel like I'm ready to move forward, I *need* to, but I'm stuck in quicksand. No particular reason. Depression, maybe, the 'blues', absolutely, general laziness... perhaps.
I have resolved to accomplish at least two things during this latest 3 month wait. 1) I WILL lose some weight. 2) I WILL try to organize this house. Yet somehow, M&Ms and the net keep calling out to me.
Hang in there! {{hugs}}
Blogger Julie, at 7/16/2005 10:48 AM  

Add a comment