Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Climbing

I was going upstairs earlier; it was very hot and it was rather late, so I was tired and moving slowly. As I was climbing the stairs laboriously, I had this brief vision/feeling of being heavily pregnant -- much more pregnant than I was with Lydia -- and lifting my heavy body up the stairs. I could feel the weight of my belly and the exertion it put on my legs and for the briefest of moments I could also feel the anticipation of the baby, the feeling that soon she would be here and I would have someone else to look after. In that fleeting second I felt overwhelmed, but happy. But of course as quickly as this moment came, so did reality come crashing back. I long so much for that moment to be the reality and not just my delusion. Sometimes my delusions are comforting, though.
:: posted by Ann Howell, 11:24 PM

1 Comments:

Sometimes delusions help us get through. I've learned to cherish my delusions for precisely that reason.
Blogger Catherine, at 7/21/2005 9:44 PM  

Add a comment